How do I use it?
WindTalker is designed to manage secured access to data and communications. This means that sensitive elements inside the native file are only visible to the intended audience. Instead of having multiple document versions based on clearance level, a single file is all that is needed. WindTalker will only display the elements allowed to be seen by the intended audience.
What is Self-Protecting Data™?
Self-Protecting Data™ is protection that is embedded within the native file, for persistent protection independent of network or device security.Do you use encryption?
Yes. WindTalker efficiently uses encryption by applying it to your data. WindTalker does this at the sub-file format and helps to save bandwidth, storage space and processing time, because only the sensitive part of your files are encrypted, down to a single character.What OS and device does this work on?
WindTalker is compatible with current Operating Systems and Devices. A SDK is also available for integration into other applications and devices.What happens to my existing security investments?
WindTalker leverages your existing security infrastructure but allows you to extend your reach outside your network defenses to enable Collaboration | Mobility | Cloud.Isn’t my existing security good enough?
Traditional security based on rules, policies, and boundaries has significant limitations. WindTalker removes these restrictions and sets your data free!Do you support organizations adopting BYOD Polices?
Yes, WindTalker is adaptable to almost any device.Can WindTalker be used in cloud-based applications?
Absolutely. With WT SDK, the WindTalker framework can be added to almost any application and transport method.
How do we know our data is secure?
- We use standard encryption algorithms and code bases from existing industry approved and vetted repositories.
- We perform our own testing above and beyond the industry standards to ensure that protected information is actually protected.
Does WindTalker require SSL?
- WindTalker uses its own security mechanisms above and beyond SSL to protect any potential vulnerabilities that may exist now or in the future with SSL/TLS protocols.
- WindTalker can operate with or without SSL, it is currently recommended to be used in conjunction with SSL.
Does WindTalker store any secured information?
- No. Our cloud service provides cryptographic material that is used by client devices. No sensitive information is ever transmitted to, or stored in, the WindTalker cloud service. All encryption and decryption is performed locally on client devices.
Does WindTalker use proprietary encryption protocols?
- We use industry standard encryption algorithms and practices. We then add on top of those practices, additional security measures to reduce the likelihood of vulnerability to any known, or future, exploits to those industry-standard practices.
How does WindTalker protect from things like SQL injection, buffer overflows, and and other software vulnerabilities?
- WindTalker performs strict input and output validation and inspection, and we employ industry standard software development and secure coding practices.
How does WindTalker prevent unauthorized Users from getting access to your information?
- Both users and their devices are authenticated to the WindTalker cloud service, and only those authorized users and device combinations are provided the key materials needed to access sensitive information.
- Additional restrictions based on geographic location, IP addresses and time restrictions further enable your information to further protect your information from unauthorized access.
What exactly is a WindTalker Role-Key?
- A Role-Key associates data elements and information with a common, customizable, classification label (Top Secret, Confidential, Sales-Sensitive, Legal, etc.). Role-Keys are used to categorize information, and protect it in such a way that only authorized users from authorized devices, networks, and geographical areas can access it.